Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What else will global warming cause in the next few months?
Jello has a point that things tend to get attributed to global warming after they happen. A few years back there was flooding in California and it was attributed to global warming and there were warnings that it was likely to get worse. Now there is a drought in California and it's attributed to global warming and it's likely to get worse. And I read that there is flooding and forest fires in different parts of Australia and they are both due to global warming...

Looking to the *future* what can we expect from global warming and where in the next few months?
"More extreme weather" is a bit broad. What more specific predictions are on offer?

I believe the fact that I have gas from eating too many bean burritos may be the main cause of global warming.

No no no no - No one can look at "Global Warming" and say because of "Global Warming" this is going to happen. Only after an event happens, then scientific mumble-jumble can be spoken about the plausibility of a connection between the two events. And great care must be maintained to ensure words like "probably", "may", "could", "think", and "likely" be used instead of words like "has", "did", "positive", "sure", and 'defiantly".

Last year there were many tornadoes that swept across the US in January and February. This was "likely" caused by "Global Warming". This year there has been only 9 tornadoes reported. Does this mean that "Global Warming" isn't a problem any more, or that they were just spouting guesses last year?

People who believe in "Global Warming" think they can predict the future. They can't.

your so right, now they're saying this freezing weather is due to global warming! They can't have it both ways

The problem of attribution comes from to much specialization in the fields of science and because of this there are way to few interdisciplinary generalists to spot where things are getting off on a track leading to false disasters. AGW is as a concept brought about by intense specialization by the members of a new discipline who have deliberately separated themselves from the 5 or 6 convergent disciplines that need to be factored in to moderate their conclusions.

This is why they are reaching some of the ridicules conclusions based on poorly understood data, they have no functional access to relevant historical data and results that would allow more sensible and less frightening conclusions to be drawn from their data. Instead they are fighting these half dozen or so what should be complementary disciplines for mastery over the realm of climate sciences because the complementary disciplines with their longer and more complete records and studies conflict with the conclusions they have come to based on the incomplete limited data they are working with.

As a society we can not afford to have one new immature discipline going the political pressure route to override the calming evidence the more mature disciplines are bringing to the table to illustrate that the situation is not as drastic as has been portrayed and that we are far from having the science to really understand things or to safely change things.

Last week, Dana suggested that we may be at the begining of the worst drought in modern history in California. Then an inconvenient thing happened this weekend. It rained about 4 inches near my home. Oh well. That won't stop them. They will look for the next fire, tornado, hurricane, drought, you name it, to blame on capitalism. Their lack of common sense as well as their ignorance of science is amazing.

Because of global warming the earth WILL continue to experience erratic and unprecedented weather patterns which WILL cause flooding, drought, more intense storms, wildfires, habitat destruction, and more!
So yes, all the things you mentioned will get worse - if you care to protect your environment - act now!

If global warming hasn't been happening for the past several years how could it be causing extreme weather? Many very credible scientists think the earth will cool for a few decades based on past history. Some even think we are entering another ice age. As long as there is gloom and doom the main stream media and agenda driven kooks will blame everything on global warming when there is none.

I think it will cause the sun to rise in the morning and darkness at night.
I think it will cause it to be warm in the summer and cold in the winter.
I think it will cause rain, floods and tornado's in march and april.
I think it will cause hurricanes and typhoons and cyclones during the summer months.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GLOBAL WARMiNG? MaryTMartin 2 8,793 11-26-2020, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Soetjoko Golden
  How does global warming actually work? JackSHansen 0 4,563 01-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Last Post: LarryIBynum
  GlObAl WaRmInG!!? RickyJMontague 0 5,877 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Global WARMING??? DerekPFleming 0 5,639 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  GLOBAL WARMINg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? FromtheMeadow 0 5,916 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  GLOBAL WARMING..........................? JehovahisGod 0 4,408 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  5 Facts That Prove Global Warming is Caused by Humans OraWRauch 0 12,429 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  If man made global warming is a hoax, where and when did it start? ScottBNeese 0 4,483 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is global warming and the greenhouse effect? DavidCPeters 0 6,625 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What are the issues of global warming and possible climate changes due to global warming? DanaRHoward 0 4,432 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: