Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Round iPhone Ringtone
iPhone is great, but iPhone ringtone has a lot of limitations, for example iphone ringtone is only 30 seconds long, only m4r files can be used as ringtones, and users have all kinds of questions about iPhone ringtone, like can’t sync and transfer custom iphone ringtone on Mac, how to convert YouTube to iphone ringtone on Mac, etc.

This article aims to tell everything about iPhone ringtone.

What is iPhone Ringtone?
iPhone ringtone is in .m4r format. An M4R is a proprietary file extension created by Apple exclusively for use as a ringtone for the iPhone. Like other similar file extensions, such as the M4A and MP4, it is a high quality, compressed audio file. M4R files are short audio files – typically 30-seconds or less. Users can convert any audio or video format like MP3, M4A, MP4, and M4P files into M4R ringtones

How to get iPhone ringtones?

There are normally 2 ways that we can get custom ringtones for our iPhone, first is buying from iTunes store for $0.99 each. The second one is using iTunes to make ringtones from your purchased songs, but we have to pay another $0.99 for the ringtone. Anyway, for ringtone variety, geting ringtones for your iPhone in iTunes is a super expensive way to go, and it only allows you to make ringtones which are less than 30 seconds.

How to let your iPhone sing your song?

1. For those who have problem making custom iPhone ringtones, you can use mac iPhone ringtone makerto make custom free ringtones almost any audio/video you like.

2. A lot of iPhone users have problem syncing iPhone ringtones. Some questions are like "I can't sync ringtone to iPhone", "unable to sync ringtone to iPhone", "it shows up as a ringtone in iTunes, but it won't sync to the phone. I've restarted my phone several times, hoping that would do it. I've removed all my ringtones, then re-synced them...but still nothing."and so on.

If you have problem syncing or transfering your custom iPhone ringtones, this article How to sync ringtone to iphone mac, will provide you many sound solutions. For example:

Make sure that:
Ringtones play in iTunes and are .m4r format
They do show up under sounds
They show up under the ringtones tab
They are in the ringtone section of iTunes under library

If the ringtone is in iTunes and not appearing on your iPhone after a successful sync, make sure that none of the song fields (song name, artist, composer, etc) have special characters (like quotes, for example iPhone-Ringtone the"-" will cause the problem).

3. People who love YouTube videos and wanna convert them to iPhone ringtones, you can use this tool to do that.