Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making the most of family meals
If you want to improve your family's health, the key may be as simple as eating together. Researchers discovered that children who eat dinner with their families typically have healthier diets than those who eat on their own. And aside from the nutritional benefits, family meals can open the door to much more. Everyone in the family -- from infants and toddlers to teenagers and parents -- can benefit from the social interaction so often a part of eating together. When I was young, I never used to have the meals with my family because everybody was busy, and I think it somehow influenced my health, I used to catch illnesses very easy. Family members certainly have to eat together so that can motivate them to eat healthier.

Taking the meals together with the familiy is firstly improtant for children. And the matter is foremost psychological. It's a pleasure to eat when your parents are near.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Yep, that's why the reunion and gathering events also have the same effects to us...

No one like to eat the meal alone...

willyoumind Wrote:Yep, that's why the reunion and gathering events also have the same effects to us...

No one like to eat the meal alone...

However I wouldn't advice to spend your meal with somebody if you are a busy person. This will take a lot of time. Normally one should spend about 5-10 minutes on eating a breakfast/launch, but, if you talk to somebody during the meal, it will take you 15-20 minutes.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Does anybody know how much time does it takes for a man to spend for eating during his entire life?

quick calculation for you dear Hakan:
1 meal on average - 15 minutes.
3 meals a day - 45 minutes
3 meals in a year - 16,425 minutes
so, supposing a man lives 75 years, on average - 1,231,875 minutes!!!!!!! wow
That's 20,531 hours!! Confusedhock:
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

wawwwwwww! I can't believe I spend this time only for eating! It's about 1/24 of my life!
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

yes the time spent on meals is a long one, indeed. That's why, normally a meal must last not more than 5 minutes, don't push though.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

I will put my part here by sharing a nice quote that I like and which is also useful to follow:
"Eat for living, not live for eating."
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Yes, it is true, because when the family is full all their members are happy and even have appetite to eat, whatever it will be, but when eating by alone you even don't have a person to discuss, and even you can not feel that you are hunger.

This is normal when all the family stays on one table and taking its meals, and it is very important to keep this tradition and to teach children to do the same. Even if there are problems in family, or even if parents are divorced it may not be an obstacle to keep this tradition.