Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
european best holiday cities destinations....
here can you share some of your favourite european holiday destinations (city breaks), and why...also give tips,share information,inform us about the hot spots and the must sees.... :love
we fear what we do not understand,we fear the uknown,we fear what is different from us....but our greatest fear is yet unavoidable...so why do we need all others....??

There is no better holiday than resting in Athens, Greece...
I've been there in 2004 when the Olympic Games took place. Had even the occasion to watch athletics.
What impressed me the most was the city's architecture, which is very far from what we understand as a megalopolis. It's very classical and at the same time modern...
Confuseduper

Faw_Peter Wrote:There is no better holiday than resting in Athens, Greece...
I've been there in 2004 when the Olympic Games took place. Had even the occasion to watch athletics.
What impressed me the most was the city's architecture, which is very far from what we understand as a megalopolis. It's very classical and at the same time modern...
Confuseduper

well thank you peter....

i loved ljubljana where i went for hols recently there....i also love dublin where i live....freiburg in germany...brugges in belgium...amsterdam....brussels....
i love architecture, buldings,culture,cuisine,coffe shops,castles, churches....places that you do not have to go to a museum to see the history....but the whole town is history itself....
we fear what we do not understand,we fear the uknown,we fear what is different from us....but our greatest fear is yet unavoidable...so why do we need all others....??

Paris is very much beautiful. It's considered to be the most romantic place in the world, and it's true. People are very polite and open, you'll never get in trouble.
The sight from the Eiffel Tower is unforgeteable...
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Benn Wrote:Paris is very much beautiful. It's considered to be the most romantic place in the world, and it's true. People are very polite and open, you'll never get in trouble.
The sight from the Eiffel Tower is unforgeteable...

oh yes...and paris.....to big though for my taste...i get stressed with so many people....especially in the underground....but it is as you describe....!!!!

oh yes, sure it does have an underground with lots of people. It's normal. Have you seen big cities with no underground. The point is that you should be in one step with the city's tendencies. In the eve of nay holiday, the happy atmosphere is felt in the air, in Paris.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

London is definitely not a holiday destination. There are people who cold like it though. Definitely no good weather - rains, fogs etc. But, the city's architecture is very nice and calling.

Oh, I disagree, I love London! It can get cold, but not as cold as central Europe or Scandinavia Smile There is great shopping and night life - fashionable and alternative - and plenty of galleries, museums, good food... And in Summer there are open air concerts and festivals in the parks. It is a very expensive city, but you can have some fun on a budget if you look around. I would suggest visiting in Summer ;-)

I agree with Ljubljana, it's a real fairytale city - the old town and castle are really beautiful :-) It's a very relaxing place too - most capital cities are full of people rushing everywhere. And the people are very friendly (some guy let me borrow his umbrella!)

My other favourites are Vienna and Berlin. Though, again, they can get cold over winter ;-)

Any city in Switzerland will leave you a lot of emotions and good impressions. What is foremost surprising is that you can't find places where there's no order. Everything is so clean and shining. Besides, people there are so exact! They never get late.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sex Tourism Destinations in Europe 0 24,911 08-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Last Post: samuel5028