Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOW WELL DO YOU COMMUNICATE WITH PEOPLE?
Can you communicate well with people? Let’s do a mental test.
A child did something wrong and you want to fix the problem as soon as possible. But what meaning do you put in fixing a problem. If you look at it as an assembling line, Lego, Puzzle game, which need to be fixed, you may risk of being more interested in the problem than in the child.

If anything goes wrong with his behavior, the first thing to do is to remain calm. Second, set up an agreeable atmosphere. It could be a joke, or it could be anything that would make the child to feel at ease with you. Show him that you are interested mainly in how he feels, not in the problem created by him! Look at your child like at a whole universe of thoughts, perceptions, feelings, sentiments, attitudes and motivations!

Only when you make sure that you perceive him like that, then start communicating with him. Don’t lose that attitude towards him during the discussion, and you will have a good communication. This attitude is applicable to any person, of any age. Don’t you think so?

I fully agree. When one is in trouble, the first things we can do is calm him down, and try to maximally avoid mentioning his mistake and its consequences. It will only make him feel worse. Simultaneously, we can think in our mind about the solutions to suggest him for solving the problem. Give him an advice, only if we consider it feasible.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

I may add that some people just can't stand to be calmed down, you need to leave them alone

Yes, that's true Hakan, some like to spend time alone when they live a crisis. However they do need help from others, not even realizing it.

I always apply for my friends' help when I feel alone/bad. Sometimes discussing upon the problem may help me. I begin to realize that my mistake is not so dangerous as I thought it is.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

I know that this was just an example but you motivated me to be a good father ;-)

Communication depend in a great part by each one in part. It depends how good are you, if you are aggressive then no good communication is possible. When talking with someone you should try to be kindness, you should listen attentively what it is speaking about, try to give it advices, in the same way should do and it when talking with you. Just in this way you can have a good communicational skills.