Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orange will launch world's first electronic newspaper
The world's first entirely electronic newspapers will be launched as trial France next week, offering not only morning headlines but automatic updates every hour within the day.
The touch-screen, device uses "ePaper" and "eInk" technology to make it as much like reading normal newsprint as possible. It includes both WiFi and a 3G mobile chip so news can be refreshed every hour during the day, even on the move.
:livre

will it be for free? don't think so, it would generate queues at each of the item
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

watch this e-newspaper:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.paidcontent.org/entry/419-orange-trials-mobile-e-newspaper-reader-with-le-monde-et-al/">http://www.paidcontent.org/entry/419-or ... nde-et-al/</a><!-- m -->
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Oh, I bet the world's first e-newspaper will be published in the French...

How about the English edition?

I tried to find some news about this device but I didn't find any. Probably it is not popular yet.

Faw_Peter Wrote:I tried to find some news about this device but I didn't find any. Probably it is not popular yet.

Don't worry, Peter. I think you'll find it in the near future...

The most thing I concern about here is when it will publish in the English edition...

I guess Orange is not stupid at all to publish it in another language but English. Otherwise the promotion will be useless.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Benn Wrote:I guess Orange is not stupid at all to publish it in another language but English. Otherwise the promotion will be useless.

Well, it's hard to be said here, Benn as this is a company that is based in France...So, it might be want to launch the e-newspaper in the French first...

Did you know that primarily the orange brand was destined for Hutchison Telecom's UK mobile phone network. But, later it had been bought by France Telecom.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

I don't think orange was the first company to make an e-newspaper. There was an UK magazine that was launched recently and which is only published in an electronic form and its pages are really sliding as the real one thanks to a very good animation effect. I'll search for my inbox and then post a link to their website.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft envisages to launch a "Desktop Telescope" Steven 7 6,732 06-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Steven
  EU will launch a project to increase internet security M.Helen 2 4,731 05-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Terry