Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Honey bees dying?
More reports all over USA are telling that bees are practically disappearing with no explication. This situation may be just another consequence of the global warming, or could this be a beginning of something that we don’t know? :?

something we don't know? Hardly possible.
Maybe the reason is the dirty environment that persists in the USA.

The same problems also have reported in other countries, especially the U.K, where the bumble bees seem to be disappeared faster than the scientists thought...

there might be a disease, specific to bees, that scientists haven't yet discovered. Tasmanians also die in mobs because of a disease (see another thread in environment)
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

Yes. But I understood that there were nobodies found in their little houses. They just disappear.

they disappear? That's strange. However bees are tiny insects, and if they die in fields, the soil simply covers them and you'll never see them.

If I'm not wrong, I remembered that I heard that the disappearing of honey bees is related with a disease named, "Colony Collapse Disorder".

Please check on the below link to find out more about the CCD:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/the-big-question-why-are-honey-bees-disappearing-and-what-can-be-done-to-save-them-813971.html">http://www.independent.co.uk/environmen ... 13971.html</a><!-- m -->

Bees should be protected. Honey contains a lot of healing substances. I always use it in case I have a throat ache.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

But it is crucial for the human being existence? What are your thoughts about this?

crucial? No, I don't think so. We can survive without honey. It's just a product, nothing else.

This means that bees are of no importance..

they die because of the climate. The magnetic field is changing, that can also be a reason.

Faw_Peter Wrote:they die because of the climate. The magnetic field is changing, that can also be a reason.

What magnetic field? Gravitation?

magnetic field - a field of force surrounding a permanent magnet or a moving charged particle, in which another permanent magnet or moving charge experiences a force

it permanently happens in the nature.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

GSM waves may kill them little by little. Bees are small insects, but their organism is very smart. I read an article that the GSM waves killed inside them the mechanism of orientation. This is an obvious reason for their massive dying.

Steven Wrote:Bees should be protected. Honey contains a lot of healing substances. I always use it in case I have a throat ache.
I actually heard the opposite. Honey is not recommended when you have a sour throat.

And the bees from what I heard in the news are dieing because of a parasite brought from Asia.
In order to kill the parasite the bees a sprayed with some medicines or chemicals that makes the honey poisonous for humans. So it is recommended to avoid honey for some time or buy only from sources that you trust.

What's the point of bees' existence then, if their honey can't be consumed why should people grow bees then? I know it's not an easy work and requires patience.

You can use honey for treating digestive problems, gastroenteritis and stomach ulcers. Doctors widely recommend it for their patients. In ancient times, Egyptians used to heal wounds with honey.

Bee honey causes emollient effect on your skin, by disposing it of dryness and peeling. It gives a vitality to your skin. Cosmetologists know that.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

The honey is recommended for treating different infectious diseases. As against antibiotics, bacteria can't beat honey's healing features, while antibiotics are vulnerable.

Darker honeys have more nutrients than light ones. honey has osmotic properties; that is, it tends to withdraw water. Water molecules strongly react with the sugars in honey, leaving little water available for microorganisms. Thus, infection-causing bacteria is literally dehydrated to death by honey.

Lasting (one-two months) of honey (50-140 grams per day) consumed by people who suffer from heart disease problems leads to better health condition, normalizes blood structure, raises hemoglobin.

honey in the mix with cinnamon cures plenty of diseases. As against antibiotics, it doesn't give side effects. Those who have problems with gases, due to honey the stomach is relieved of gas.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Honey is much better than any energy drink, even red bull. If you are feeling lethargic in the morning, instead of drinking another can of carbonated energy drink , try honey in order to walk freely another extra mile
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

THE world's honeybees appear to be dying off in horrifying numbers, and now consensus is starting to emerge on the reason why: it seems there is no one cause. Infections, lack of food, pesticides and breeding - none catastrophic on their own - are having a synergistic effect, pushing bee survival to a lethal tipping point. A somewhat anti-climactic conclusion it may be, but appreciating this complexity - and realising there will be no magic bullet - may be the key to saving the insects.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20126954.600-honeybees-under-attack-on-all-fronts.html">http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2 ... ronts.html</a><!-- m -->
[Image: honey_bee.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bees face extinction in Europe John 0 6,129 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How important are honey bees to our environment? AlbertCCortright 0 6,180 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: