Forums
Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://eu-forums.com)
+-- Forum: EU Forums (https://eu-forums.com/forum-19.html)
+--- Forum: Environment Forum (https://eu-forums.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU (/thread-164.html)

Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - Steven - 05-22-2008

EU approved measures to make acts such as dumping toxic waste or illegally transporting hazardous materials a criminal offense.

Re: Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - Faw_Peter - 05-28-2008

it's high time to take such measures

Re: Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - Terry - 05-30-2008

criminal offense is exaggerated, it normally can be fined solidly, I think that's enough

Re: Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - Benn - 07-06-2008

I also wouldn't like, and I think it wouldn't be correct, to punish common citiznes for little infringements.

Re: Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - Steven - 08-01-2008

Can you imagine: you just walk on the street, and your hand, not counsciously, pulled out a leaf. Result: you have a criminal case, you are arrested and judged! Will somebody harm the environment in this case? I don't think so

Re: Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - Steven - 08-06-2008

In this case, people won't feel theirselves free. I mean they would try not to harm the environement, but at the same time feel quite abstinent.

Re: Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - M.Helen - 08-07-2008

These were most likely the initiatives of the great green peace allies, who are so stubborn in the things they do.

Re: Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - Karl.in.eu - 08-30-2008

Steven Wrote:Can you imagine: you just walk on the street, and your hand, not counsciously, pulled out a leaf. Result: you have a criminal case, you are arrested and judged! Will somebody harm the environment in this case? I don't think so

The current laws in Eu concerns only very serious cases like those of toxic garbage, so there is nothing to worry about.

Re: Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - Benn - 08-31-2008

if environment keeps being polluted, we may have even laws that will punish the smallest harm to the environment.

Re: Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - Hakan G - 09-04-2008

No, I don't think we need to exaggerate it to such an extent. We should only make an universal coefficient for the notion of pollution. In some EU country's pollution is considered only then when it riches 1mg for 1kg. In Germany pollution is considered only when it reaches 6mg per 1kg. What Eu needs to make is to come with a general notion of pollution for all the EU countries.

Re: Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - Faw_Peter - 09-08-2008

a general coefficient is impossible, since it depends on the country's economy. Western Europe can not be compared to the Eastern.

Re: Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - Nicholas - 09-10-2008

Pollution has the same side effects despite the country's good or bad economical condition.

Re: Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - Faw_Peter - 09-22-2008

Not true Nicholas. Developed countries have developed industries and therefore more polluted air and environment.

Re: Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - Karl.in.eu - 09-26-2008

Thank you Hakan, for proving my point with theoretic arguments. Smile

Re: Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - Terry - 02-08-2009

we can't assess pollution allover one country, let alone assess it as being one common for several states at once. Tell me please, can you compare pollution in a big city and in a small village at the country's periphery? Certainly no.

Re: Harm on environment will be taken as criminal case in EU - Laurentine - 06-26-2009

This is the first pace made towards improving the quality of air and environment itself. It's a great decision, such should be taken more often, otherwise we will sink in our own wastes. Measures must be taken, it's time to think about our children's future as well.