Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you agree that one can change Religion Cuz of Love?
I really want to know what u think about this topic...

I don't like such things. Religion is not a game - if somebody really believed in one religion it would be very unserious from him to change it.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Why not? Love is more important than religion, I think. Anyway it doesn't matter what you believe in, it matters whether the person you love deserves this act from your part or not.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Well... i agree with both of u partly, but what to do when u love someone and unles su change it she wont be urs?
The point is that i myself, will never change my religion for anything,consequently i dont presss amb else to do do opposite, but I"m in trouble now, my b-friend has different religion and between us no marriage is possible..
What can i do in this situation? live illegaly..? i cant do that...

I'm baptized Christian and I never could change myself in Muslim or Jews even for Monica Belluci! :love

What kind of religion is that which forbids him to mary? Haven't heard of such thing.

Havent u ever heard Christian Orthodox?..., Hm... I"m the one

sure I did, but I'm sure you are simply confused. The Orthodox religion doesn't forbid to marry a guy who's from another religion

Yes it Does Peter.. Unfortunately it does, at least here in Georgia.. In order to get married both couple should have one and the same religion...

In simple terms, in Orthodox Church (extremely strict and unchanged in customs) the marriage ceremony isn’t a formal procedure or a convention. I ask my priest and he said:" No, because the wedding ceremony demand devotion and the church consider it being a sort of “heavenly union” in the presence of God.
Therefore, if you are not a very pious one or maybe your boyfriend doesn’t feel like to be changed, why do you need to be married by a priest?
Go to the mayor and sign the paper. That’s all! Smile

Tell the Turth, he wants wedding, he dreams about it, and we have problems cuz we know that we simply cant get married, for me it's all the same, i'm not very fond of wedding ceremonies. future will tell us what to do...
But i know only one thing, That if not HIm, than i wont ever meet any other boy... really i prefer to die in lonyness..
You may thing i'm thinking wrong.. but i do mean it

hey, what's the problem? You love him, you marry him! If religions consider all people equal, then it should have nothing against marrying on a normal person who believes in other gods...
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Love is great, but isn’t worth throwing away your beliefs over. Think about it, maybe you're not gonna like him you're whole life, and if you break up, you will feel sorry for changing your religion.

I"m not gonna change my religion ..never...
that is smth that keeps up apart...

Lile_lile this proves that your love is not strong enough.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”

Terry Wrote:Lile_lile this proves that your love is not strong enough.

No it is strong enough, just believe me, but religion is smth that stands higher than anythign else, though i will love my Love till the end, but cuz of religion i may not marry him, cuz for him it is also very important and he cant change his religion as well.

religion is something very spiritual, so it can't forbid you to love, and consequently marry the person you love. There is no written law, religion is belief, and the belief is in your heart.

Yes Lile, Terry is right. There are no written rules within a religion. Religion means love, so if you love you can't forbid yourself to love.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

yesssssss u r right....
Hard to accept but it's reality.... And tell the truth, i feel sometimes quilty when i know that my sweetie means everything for me...stands higher than anything...
But what can i do?.. He's Million miles away...
Ih he comes here, father kills him...and if smth happens with him, i'm not gona forgive myself..
so there is only one way... I should go, or arrange everythign secretly, even his arrival..
Let's Hope for the best. Hope my Life wont be dreadful...

oh my God, poor girl, why should your father kill hi? He doesn't like him or what?
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

oh, if parents begin to control children's life, it's not gonna end good...
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

He doent want het only daughter go too far away from him, and donet want that i married smb who is quite unacceptable for him, smb stranger...
But for me he is everything so i will wait a while what happens.

you will have to marry at some time. So your father will have to get used to somebody.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

I know many persons that proved that the power of love is stronger than their faith.

What is faith, really? It is not the times you visited the church, it is not how much money did you donate for the building of temples and churches, it is not how you obey the rules, and is certainly not how afraid you are of the Judgement Day. It is a belief in a Greater Good, a belief in justice, in truth. I personally don't see any obstacles for chanhing religion because of love. If it is truly love, nothing else matters.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is atheism a religion if not why is it in religion and spirituality? Polly 0 3,555 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: