Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
computer science?
if i get a masters in criminal justice then i can get in like the FBI etc. If i get a masters in Information technology then i will be stuck on the technical aspect of computers. If I get masters in business information sciences, then i will be stuck on the business aspect of computers. If i get a masters in computer science, then i am stuck on the theoretical basis of computers; programming, engineering etc.I believe that if i get a masters in computer science, then it will take care of every other degree in the computer related field. Well news flash!! it don't. With computer science being the core formal subject it is the most demanding, but special skills are prevelent in each degree plan especially in the masters and doctoral programs. I really need to be sure what special skills i need to acquire.
But Seriously what do i want to do???????????????? I am at a very critical time in my life right now. I don't have the time nor the expenses to just go in blind.

You always have the option of double (or triple majoring). I guess my suggestion is to check which type of thing you'd like to do. Job shadow, research, ask to interview someone in the field to learn more about them - they are different. Perhaps there is a position here you've overlooked that can use all of them.

So you have here:
- Criminal Justice (Law)
- Information Technology (IT Help)
- Business Information Sciences (Business)
- Computer Science (Programming)

As for a masters, you are right, they are very specialized forms of study. You would find out right away if you don't enjoy your courses that it's not right for you (or you love it.) Does one of these really stand out to you? They all are going to be in high demand in the future - since computers (and criminals) are going to stay. Perhaps working for the government on computers/it would be an option for you, so you'd get a little bit of the FBI/computers into it!

Just a heads up, the so called "business aspect of computers" usually involves computer networking and making sure that office business apps are working as they should.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are the core courses typical of a computer science (CS) degree? Nicky James 0 1,575 03-26-2021, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Nicky James
  Computer Science? Maisie 0 3,318 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Computer science? Leod 0 4,235 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: