Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I get my friend to shut up about politics?
Every time he starts talking about politics i just want to crawl into a corner or something, i can't stand politics at all. Never have, never will. The most annoying thing is it he talks through his butt about it the whole time.

Just say
"look, I understand you love politics and everything, but look at that ass!!!, and point to some random chick, that'll distract him, and then he'll start to laugh.

I would just tell him that you are not interested at all about politics and ask him nicely if when hes around you to please not talk about it. I have friends like that and family and it can be really annoying. I just ask them if we can change the subject before I fall asleep. I know that sounds mean but its the truth.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Omg haha i have the same problem with my friend. I always change the subject though. Or sometimes im like "okay i get it the world sucks"

I like politics, just not with my friends. There are forums for that stuff and debate. I just say to my friends that get all politico on me, "I don't like talking politics with friends, I'm right and I'm right, so I don't think you want to talk to someone like me about this". I really say that, and it works. I really don't mind as long as I'm talking to an informed person, but I'm a military wife, and very open minded about certain things, so you can imagine the kinds of wives I run up against, especially in the days of Bush. I just prefer to like them, and not hold their wrongness against them. haha

On a serious note, there's just no reason to talk about politics with certain friends. You want to overturn Roe V Wade, and you think Obama is a muslim, like it's something bad. I'd rather not get into these things with ppl like that, because aside from thinking they are completely wrong and warped, maybe even a little prejudiced, I like them and am grateful i'm not wrong like them. haha