Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to travel across Cyprus?
I will be going to Cyprus this Friday and will be staying in Nicosia. I was wondering if anyone could help me in locating the fastest and the cheapest way to visit Paphos and Ayia Napa. Please dont say a cab because it will probably cost me more than a 100 Euros (one way) just to get to one of these cities.

Any ideas?

I am not from Cyprus but... maybe renting a car would be a nice solution?
Distances in Cyprus are not large either. I remember a Cypriot friend telling me long time ago that you can go from one end to another within 2 hours max.

you can try the bus but they are mostly unreliable.

i would strongly suggest renting a car, since indeed the distances are very short. ayia napa is only is 1-1.5 hours away, paphos is almost 2.
alternatively you can ask at your hotel for organised tours across the island.

if you chose to rent a car please remember than we drive on the left like in the UK.

hope you have a nice time in CyprusBig Grin

In all of the main towns you can get a community taxi (I think that is what they are called). They have an office where you can book your trip, you share this taxi with other people and it is quite economical. Also there are lots of coach trips to all the interesting places that are quite cheap. The best place to find out about these services would be the tourist office. I think there are bus services between main towns especially during working hours.
You might find a cheap car or motorbike hire but make sure that the insurance is ok. Most of the main roads in the south are very good and they drive on the left. If you want to cross the border go by coach and take your passport.

Cyprus has the worst transportation system! We don't have on a regular basis buses routes and if there are some nobody knows when they start and which are the bus stop, we don't have any trains and we depend only on taxis, or public taxis which takes ages to get you ex from Paphos to Larnaca airport ( 3 hrs when the actually time is 1,5 hrs).
I definitely would suggest to rent a car starting from 25-30 EUR per day, get yourself a nice map and drive around. It is the easiest, the most cost effective and you will safe yourself too much time!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I would like to travel to Cyprus spring of 2011 but I want to go to Egypt too? JohnKHayek 0 3,686 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  I want to travel from Cyprus to UK.Can I travel only with my identity card? BettyDFord 0 6,084 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Is it easy for Egyptians to travel to Cyprus? Saul.K.Adams 0 4,347 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Can Turkish Citizens Travel to the Republic Of Cyprus? Forrest 0 5,461 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  URGENT - what is the current situation for travel between North and South Cyprus? ThomasVRose 0 3,210 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Is it safe for Americans to travel to Cyprus ? Denise.J.Stevens 0 4,568 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  when is the best time to travel to Cyprus? Emmanuel 0 2,738 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  i need help knowing what to wear when i travel to cyprus? Ferris 0 2,374 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  travel from russia to cyprus how much will cost ? Evan 0 2,399 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: