Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does a sport have to have to be considered a sport?
I am writing a paper in college, and i want to know what things must a sport have to be considered a sport. In your opinon.

physical activity and competition that cannot be mastered by mere repitition.

ex. Bowling and darts - you just do the same thing so its not a sport. and cards aren't sports because there is no physical activity.

if you're cheering in a competition I think its a sport. Same with figure skating. Not sure how you can say that isn't a sport given the amount of skill it takes.

how hard you work doesn't dtermine being a sport... if something is a spectacle, performance, etc. its also not a sport, such as cheerleading, figure skating and dancing.
a sport shouldn't depend on a team working together not one person and judges who find the best athlete.
Basically theres a winner a loser and a score...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poker - sport? Terry 27 17,794 09-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Hakan G
  What sport motorcycle would you pick and why? Maisie 0 2,582 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is the biggest PROFESSIONAL spectator sport in the world? Sadie 0 3,634 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Which sport I can start at the age of 27 and still have hopes for minor levels of championship? Lil 0 3,806 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is a good sport that is enjoyable and recommended for computer overworkers? Bree98 0 2,263 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Does sport pilot license allow you to fly internationally? Lou 0 2,562 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is a good sport to stregnthen the upper body? Kitty 0 2,666 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What sport can I play as an adult even though I have no experience? Coco06 0 2,972 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is the most physically demanding sport? And what is the most mentally demanding sport? Kiki 0 8,221 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What Olympic sport could I start in time for London 2012? Dixie678 0 6,585 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: