Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver and Gold
"Make new friends but keep the old, one is the silver and the other is gold". You may have learned the familiar lyrics in Girl Scouts, but the older we get, the more we realize just how true those words are. Mutual circumstances are often the catalyst through which new friendships are born.It is refreshing to discover others who are in the same chapter of that you are, whether it is a mom of one of your child's teammates or someone with whom you share a similar trial, as as the death of someone you love. It is encouraging to realize that you are not the only one who has suffered the thing you are going through, and it gives you an opportunity to focus your energy on encouraging others, instead of wallowing in the pain alone.

Silver or gold? Which one of these treasures could use some polishing today?

Just stay gold.
Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules - and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Quote:"Make new friends but keep the old, one is the silver and the other is gold"

I know and follow one rule ..... not need to have total trust in nobody ... because more harm than he who knows all about you can not make anybody
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

An old friend is gold, silver is new one. I think that is true.Time checks everybody,and is very firm judge. I think you are lucky if you have even one true friend. You can have many new "friends" different types of your life, but true friend stays with you during long period. How to check is your friend true or not. Real friend can be with you not only in a difficult period,but also in a good period and to be glad for you. That is gold.

I read your articles and get a lot of info that I never know before. It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about!

SEO Company

Don't forget your gold friend because they are rare and hard to find. You can easily have SIlver friend but the question is will they stay? in good time and in bad time?

Human nature is unique, as our ability for love and compassion goes hand-in-hand with the darker instincts to be cruel, rude and hurtful, just in the same way we are can adapt ourselves from a state of happiness to a state of sorrow. To get a real understanding of how love can conquer violence, do visit the blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://oneworldacademy.wordpress.com/">http://oneworldacademy.wordpress.com/</a><!-- m -->