Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happens to a file when it is deleted?
I deleted a file by accident, does anybody know how to recover a file? Is it possible anyway?

sure peter that's not a big problem. I can suggest you a software - "Recuva", it might recover your files, but can not guarantee 100% working
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Recuva is one of the weakest software that can recover the files. THere are professional softwares, but they are very expensive. Many audit companies are subscribed for receiving such software, since nobody is insured from file deleting.

try the software "Getdataback". It's German and not expensive. You can also find the English version, but it's rarer.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

unfortunately there is not a siftware which can guarantee 100% data recover. Even, for example, if pictures are recovered, they may not be whole, but only parts.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

you can find here a package which will help you recover almost any deleted file:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.com/file-recovery-software/">http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.com/file ... -software/</a><!-- m -->
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”

a real good software for recovering files is very expensive. I saw on a webpage, such a software is sold for $999. I don't know if it worths this money...

Oh but it does...
Big companies have precious informattion on their hard drives, that's why they are ready to pay even more for recovering the files.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

for keeping it functional, such softwares must be paid off monthly, it's like a subscription - you pay, you have the key.