Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Climate change is real! Fixing it is a hoax...
Of course, climate change is a world-wide issue, not just European. But as to whether there is anything Europe, or the US, or China, or anyone, can do about it... I'm afraid the brutal answer is "No". Even before Al Gore got his Nobel Prize for 'discovering' Global Warming ( which for the record, was 'after' he 'invented' the internet ), scientists have told us that the earth has gone through many, many cycles of tropical overheating and ice-ages. It's a natural cycle that's been going on long before man was on the planet. In the four and a half billion year history of this planet, man is barely a foot-note, a pimple, a dot on it's over-all life.

That's not to say that man has no impact on the environment, for we definitely do. But in the multi-thousand year climate changes that the earth goes through, which cannot be changed, how much do you invest to try and change it a little? Do you invest 1/10th of your economy to hold it off 100 years? 1/2 of your economy to hold it off 250 years? Maybe 3/4 of your economy to hold it off 400 years?

The point is, there is nothing you can do to STOP it. It can come sooner if you do nothing, or later if you work on nothing else. But you can't STOP it. It's a monster global cycle, completely natural, that doesn't care how much money you throw at it. Only mankind thinks he can outwit nature...

The part that does make me upset, is how doomsayers use it to get people to rally together for their causes, and the companies that make money off the people for their 'green' ideas. A whole industry has built up to take people's money in the name of "Global Warming". Saving energy, not being wasteful, saving money, alternative energy, all great ideas...

Thinking you can physically control the world? Well...

Actually, my own post got me to thinking...

People talk so casually now about changing 'Global' climate... the cost, the effort, the sacrifice.
But I'm still waiting to hear about anyone successfully controlling regional weather, like a hurricane, or monsoon. Or even successfully controlling local weather, like a tornado, or an afternoon thunderstorm.

We can't even change local or regional weather, but we'll control the entire world's weather?

Wow, I never knew we were that good...

Quote:But I'm still waiting to hear about anyone successfully controlling regional weather, like a hurricane, or monsoon.
Scientist didn't learn yet how to control the weather, how to deal with hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, or may be hide this?
Nowadays all is made of money and for money, so these natural disasters may be political games, - for power!
As well as different outbreaks of the swine flu, and the like...

Climate change - a global problem, and in fact it will never be solved, because the owners of the factories won't stop their work and won't lose money just because "nature is suffering"..and people as well
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

I dont't think that it's a hoax. It's natural reality that's influence our planet throughout the time. The climate is in a eternal developing and changing, like everything in our world.

Riser Wrote:The climate is in a eternal developing and changing, like everything in our world.

true... but the people was not much times asked for contribute and to little damage for speeding up this process of change! and in the last century all the changes in the environment due to human negligence!

Today September 16 is International Day for ozone layer protection. After the discovery of the ozone hole over Antarctica in 1985, governments of 120 countries have understood that protecting the ozone layer is an emergency and decided signing the Montreal Protocol to engage in the fight against all products that deplete the ozone . Did you knew that...? I did.. You also need to know...
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

Perhaps I should be ashamed and admit it, but even I did not know of this celebration, especially with all the problems we have with ecology and nature... :-?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paying people to save energy could curb climate change Laurentine 1 5,549 09-16-2021, 07:28 AM
Last Post: selenakale
  Livestock and Climate Change Admin_phpbb3_import1 1 4,090 10-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Admin_phpbb3_import1
  How climate change can affect Europe? M.Helen 34 28,810 07-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Terry
  Fertilising oceans with iron may combat climate change Vegnews 5 17,043 03-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Backwood
  A New Chapter on Climate Change - Obama speach John 0 6,947 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Climate change (AGW) is a fraud and a hoax Winston 0 5,482 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  If man made global warming is a hoax, where and when did it start? ScottBNeese 0 4,418 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: