Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Formula 1 Season changes
Lots of changes were introduced by the FIA in the 2009 Formula 1 season. The changes regard both technical and sporting matters. Foremost goals are increased reliability and cost reduction.
The main modifications are:

Tyres - F1 racing returns to slicks in 2009, after 10 seasons on grooved tyres

Engine - rev limits are to be cut from 19,000 to 18,000 rpm. Drivers are limited to eight engines per season.

Aerodynamics - downforce will be dramatically reduced and the cars’ bodywork will appear much cleaner

Testing - starting with 2009, onwards testing is not allowed during the race season

Safety car - The pit lane will now remain open throughout any safety-car period, thereby allowing drivers to refuel without penalty

Just curious to see how the first new races will run

The winners were the absolute underdogs - both Brawn participants Batton and Barykello took the first two places! Amazing!

That really is a great result - 58 laps in just 1:34:15
The new rules found their new champions. I think it will give a bit of headache to bookmakers as the winners are absolutely unpredictable.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

Ireland's largest bookmaker, Paddy Power, lost net $100,000 which followed to be paid to Hamilton backers

While in making a tour, Massa was hit in helmet by a piece of metal it unconscious. After this Ferrari team pilot striking violent of protection wall.

Laurentine Wrote:While in making a tour, Massa was hit in helmet by a piece of metal it unconscious. After this Ferrari team pilot striking violent of protection wall.

I hear Ferrari proposed Michael Schumacher to come back and replace it on Massa! the pilot said he likely will accept even if it is temporarily! we'll see what will be!
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

"Steven Wrote:I hear Ferrari proposed Michael Schumacher to come back and replace it on Massa! the pilot said he likely will accept even if it is temporarily! we'll see what will be!

I hope he will be at the level! is clear that is experienced but are younger pliots eager to win! he came out of great growth as triumphant! should not to impose to risk!
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Benn Wrote:I hope he will be at the level! is clear that is experienced but are younger pliots eager to win! he came out of great growth as triumphant! should not to impose to risk!

I am sure he will face. It's the best pilot of racing. Even if is out of sports and some time was not trained, he has this gift from God that can not be lost or forgot!

Steven Wrote:I hear Ferrari proposed Michael Schumacher to come back and replace it on Massa! the pilot said he likely will accept even if it is temporarily! we'll see what will be!

Come on Michael show them who's the best. I hold fists for you and I will watch the competitions
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Benn Wrote:
Steven Wrote:I hear Ferrari proposed Michael Schumacher to come back and replace it on Massa! the pilot said he likely will accept even if it is temporarily! we'll see what will be!

Come on Michael show them who's the best. I hold fists for you and I will watch the competitions

He is too old for racing. Are pilots younger and more able, that will prouve to everyone that his time is all over. I do not think it will be winner.

The first race il be on 23 august. so we will see. I heard that was sold a lot of tickets. Will be a hot day. Confusedweat Confusedweat :langue

Benn Wrote:The first race il be on 23 august. so we will see. I heard that was sold a lot of tickets. Will be a hot day. Confusedweat Confusedweat :langue

Number of tickets sold for the Grand Prize of Europe grew by 50 percent. Thus, last week have been sold 10 thousand tickets for entry, from 6500 the previous week. Michael Schumacher, who retired from the competition at the end of 2006, will replace the team Ferrari Felipe Massa, injured at the Grand Prix of Hungary. The first race that will participate in world champion Grand Prix of Europe in Valencia.

Former world champion has announced that it will not be able to compete because of an injury to neck. :? :? :?

Faw_Peter Wrote:Former world champion has announced that it will not be able to compete because of an injury to neck. :? :? :?

What a shame :? It would have been very interesting to see this pilot at the wheel again... ;-)
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Faw_Peter Wrote:Former world champion has announced that it will not be able to compete because of an injury to neck. :? :? :?
Hello people I bought a ticket foe 23 august.......f***uk... I wanted so much to see him again to pilot that red Ferrari. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fernando Alonso was day fear in training before competition for Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe. In full training, the Spanish pilot crashed in the vehicle of German Nick Heidfeld of BMW. The accident did not prevent, however, Alonso was completed at the best time of the second practice session on the Valencia circuit in the Grand Prix of Europe.

He was followed by Jenson Button and Brazilian Rubens Barrichello. Grand Prix of Europe will take place tomorrow.

Kimi Räikkönen won the Grand Prix of Belgium. It was the first victory of the current season for its pilot and for Ferrari team. Raikkonen managed the first victory of the season, fourth on the circuit in Belgium and the 18th of his career.

Renault team was found guilty in the scandal following the accident in which he was involved last year, Nelson Piquet, the Grand Prix in Singapore. Brazilian pilot said recently that when scuderiei director Flavio Briatore, asked him to intentionally cause an accident. That's to help the team-mate, Fernando Alonso to win. Renault received last night a suspended sentence of two years and may participate in the race, and if within that time will be involved in similar, it will be disqualified from Formula 1.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UEFA CUP 2008/2009 Season Hellenicoz 0 4,638 01-31-2009, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Steven
  Formula 1 Hakan G 18 12,915 09-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Karl.in.eu