Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DO YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE?
The tendency of people to prove others wrong and criticize others is so strong, that they don’t have time to simply live. Their preoccupation with what others think about them is so overwhelming, that they have no room for simple enjoyments of life. Gradually they forget to look friendly at any face they encounter.

Analyzing others' actions is good, as far as it brings good results. We shouldn't envy others. The point is that we must take examples from people who achieved success, and try doing the same in our lives.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

this is my problem... tell me please, how can I stop thinking about Bill Gates when I know he has 70 billion dollars, and I have... nothing. :? I always think and ask myself "Will I ever surpass him?" :banghead
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

to live simply is not at all exciting. Man to obtain something in life should have a stimulus. And the best stimulus is competitive, when you put the question " why he is better". So you "are living life" have more meaning. Important to not forget to smile and to love.

euigorwithyou Wrote:The tendency of people to prove others wrong and criticize others is so strong, that they don’t have time to simply live. Their preoccupation with what others think about them is so overwhelming, that they have no room for simple enjoyments of life. Gradually they forget to look friendly at any face they encounter.
Yes, instead of thinking on your own perfection and to be still, people think about opinions of others. But there is such fraze: "When i was 19, i was thinking was others think about me.
When i was 40, i was spiting onopinion of others.
But: Now i have 60, and i understand that nobody was thinking of me the whole life". Cry

It's alright to compare with others to begin with. But as we keep improving, it works best if we compare with ourselves than with others.
All that glitters is gold

FreeThinker Wrote:It's alright to compare with others to begin with. But as we keep improving, it works best if we compare with ourselves than with others.
But i'm agree with chinese's parents. They don't compare their children with others. They try to be comparation with the child himself before. :-P

Hello,

There is one very famous quote by Garrison Keillor it is "God writes a lot of comedy... the trouble is, he's stuck with so many bad actors who don't know how to play funny" instead of criticizing others we should play our part honestly it will make this world a better a place.

Regards,
sarah_9

hmmm .. suddenly felt like a heavy breakfast... but it was good

sarah_9 Wrote:Hello,
There is one very famous quote by Garrison Keillor it is "God writes a lot of comedy... the trouble is, he's stuck with so many bad actors who don't know how to play funny" instead of criticizing others we should play our part honestly it will make this world a better a place.

if everything what happens in the world for God is an act from another comedy ,then God does not have at all sense of humor...

God never had a sense of humour, did he? Cuz I never saw anyone laughing while reading a Bible or a Quran or any religious book. :-(
But, it would be nice to introduce some humour into religious books. I think more people would like to read them then. :quoi

FreeThinker Wrote:God never had a sense of humour, did he? Cuz I never saw anyone laughing while reading a Bible or a Quran or any religious book. :-(
But, it would be nice to introduce some humour into religious books. I think more people would like to read them then. :quoi

someone thinks otherwise, believing that God is full of jokes, and that we should be the best comedians. or maybe cause we speak in different languages is the problem of misunderstanding between peoples?

Riser Wrote:
FreeThinker Wrote:God never had a sense of humour, did he? Cuz I never saw anyone laughing while reading a Bible or a Quran or any religious book. :-(

someone thinks otherwise, believing that God is full of jokes, and that we should be the best comedians. or maybe cause we speak in different languages is the problem of misunderstanding between peoples?

Understanding of things depends on one perceptions. People speaking the same language differ in their understanding about god. People from the same family differ many times. It's like the story of 5 blind men trying to figure out how an elephant looks by touching it, and each one describes it differently though all are right in their own way. Every person has a different perspective of things and we are never going to have only one understanding of god (and many other things). That's how it is and will be.

FreeThinker Wrote:Every person has a different perspective of things and we are never going to have only one understanding of god (and many other things). That's how it is and will be.

yet religion is understood by all alike ... people were told that is the supreme power that watches and help humanity and most believers have one believe that he exists
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

I can say that I live my life advantage of all that is beautiful, for me every moment of life is precious, never know when will be the end of your life,nowing the price of life can understand the meaning of life on earth. my opinion, each lives you life as it thinks best, but some can not take into consideration what is happening in their lives and are happy with what they have just today. For me life is very precious and every day has a purpose

Quote:For me life is very precious and every day has a purpose

so every day for you is different...or you still have a main purpose?