Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EURO 2012 in Ukraine - open to question
The Final of Euro-2012 in Kiev is again undetermined. If earlier the question was about the stadium, now the matter concerns the financial crisis. Kiev is not handling with the construction of hotels and one more airport terminal.

All these objects must be built on the banks' credit sources, which, currently, can barely be issued by banks. The D terminal in Borispol airport is a real issue. The airport's former director asserts that, the construction works should have started in the end of October, but up to the moment nothing has been done. Will it ever start, if yes, then when? It's uneasy to answer this quesiton now.

Hotels give headaches as well. Projecting the buildings and preparing the documentation will last for one year, while building them - 2 years. At the same time, the Kiev authorities did nothing of their promises towards UEFA.

Without hotels and good airports, Kiev ought to forget abut the UEFA final.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

I don't understand where's the fire...
There are 3.5 years more until Euro 2012, and UEFA wants to see the results now? In 3.5 years you can teach a monkey to speak Japanese :lol:
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

I'll tell you where's the fire Steven. As you probably noticed it's already 2009. Now, do you understand what hard works need to be done in Ukraine for this championship? Architectors' work apart will last 2 years, let alone the raise of buildings/stadiums...Moreover, Ukraine killed a lot of time in the conflict with Russia
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”

Find out more about the event here
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.euro-2012-ukraine.com/">http://www.euro-2012-ukraine.com/</a><!-- m -->

The gas conflict left a lot of problems to the Ukraine, I mean financial problems, since I heard that 26 billion euros will be necessary for organizing these games.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Benn Wrote:The gas conflict left a lot of problems to the Ukraine, I mean financial problems, since I heard that 26 billion euros will be necessary for organizing these games.

hey Benn, not the entire amount is going to be assigned by Ukraine. Remember that the Ukraine's budget for 2009 makes up 30 billion dollars, which is less than 26 billion euros Confusedhock:
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

Lucky Ukraine and Poland as being qualified automatically, since who knows what might have happened...
Don't remember real performances in big games from Ukraine's part.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

During the Olympic games in Beijing, China has gained a national income amounting to billions of dollars/euros. This is what Ukraine and Poland will get as well. So, the amount invested now is just a long-term investment with only month pay-back period.

16 teams will play a total of 31 matches within a 3 week period. This is under question, because an expansion of nations is expected.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

FIFA experts have recently visited Poland. They examined all four and five star hotels in Wroclaw. They visited 10 working objects and construction sites of four following investments. Results seemed to be satisfactory
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Watch here the stadiums that are under construction
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS2Yu1XJvVA">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS2Yu1XJvVA</a><!-- m -->

It's most likely that Ukraine won't be ready for Euro 2012, and Poland will organize the championship with Germany. Even the Polish football federation president said it about four months ago.

Yulia Timoshenko has reached agreement on cooperation and assistance in organization of Euro-2012 during her visit in France. France has experience in carrying out similar events. A document in this sense will be signed between these two countries in April.

Steven Wrote:Yulia Timoshenko has reached agreement on cooperation and assistance in organization of Euro-2012 during her visit in France. France has experience in carrying out similar events. A document in this sense will be signed between these two countries in April.

This cooperation agreement will rather mean the total delegation of empowerment to Germany for organizing the euro games on the Ukrainian territory. Ukraine is lucky to have the support of entire Europe because of the Russian conflict... it benefits a lot

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EURO 2012 Tournament Hellenicoz 0 7,646 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What Olympic sport could I start in time for London 2012? Dixie678 0 6,585 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  2012 UEFA European Under 19's Championships- Estonia Hellenicoz 0 4,550 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: