Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reaction
What is the speed of reaction limited by? The answer is by thespeed of muscle and nervous system functioning
A man needs 0.1-0.3 seconds for giving a visual reaction
When a man reacts to a very strong irritation, dangerous for life (for instance he pools out his hand from a hot stove) .a simple reflex is is shown. The receptor transfers teh signal by nerve fibril, he then goes up to the brain and then the brain transfers the signal back to them. The speed of nerve impulse makes up several meters/second.
If the matter comes to the human's reaction against a falling brick, what happens here is that the eye transfers the signal of fast movement not only to sections of the brain, where they are processed (and we understand the brick is falling), but also through special nerve tracts (to muscles), which provides a quick reaction and an action for avoiding the falling brick.
If we talk about the reaction during a tennis game, than a gradual improvement of the reaction is related to the formation of stereotypical reflexes, that allows the reaction to appear without the interference of the main part of the brain (unconsciously), and, really important, such reactions are shown without feedback.

When I was a kid, my reaction was really weak. Not after I started to play tennis. Tennis can really improve the reaction speed. Especially, this is table tennis. Confuseduper
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

Quote:When I was a kid, my reaction was really weak. Not after I started to play tennis. Tennis can really improve the reaction speed. Especially, this is table tennis.
Not only tennis can improve reaction speed. There is a complex of exercises which can really improve it.

1. Relax. This is the key. If you want to test this, try this little experiment: have someone hold a pencil in his hand, and put your right hand below. Tense your right hand and ask the other person to drop the pencil at his own will: no matter how hard you try, you cannot catch it between your thumb and forefinger with a tense right hand. Now try it with your right hand relaxed.
2. Play video games. These improve hand-eye-coordination and reflexes. Try games with fast-paced button combos, such as a Tony Hawk game or DJ Max.
3. Take gymnastics. You will be using your muscles and will learn to better control them for both gross motor skills and fine motor skills.
4. Keep in shape; retain your skills.

Tips:
* Practice, practice, practice. This will take time, but you should notice improvements.
* Use a thirty-centimeter ruler instead of a pencil to measure your progress. See how many centimeters pass through your fingers before you catch it.
* Find reaction games online. Go to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.humanbenchmark.com">www.humanbenchmark.com</a><!-- w --> or missionred.com. It is important to practice for at least a few minutes every day.
* Play some reaction games when you first wake up. This is a good time to play when it will help you wake up and your brain is in a suggestive, pliable state.
* Try to use different fingers on both hands to press the mouse button; this activates a wider range of nerve systems and helps improve your overall nerve health!

If talking about sports then there are some of them which can develop reaction to be faster. One of them is badminton or volley where you should focus on the ball, where it will fall down and catch it fast. But the most famous of courseremains to be ping pong.