Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Ways to Go Green!
Guys, if you're concern about the Earth and would like to do something with it, then you should read this article. It will show you the great 8 tips to go green!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.livescience.com/environment/081109-911-save-money.html">http://www.livescience.com/environment/ ... money.html</a><!-- m -->

Note: I was stunned by the Programmable Thermostat, where I didn't hear it before lol

oh but there are so many ways to "go green". For example, in the view of saving some energy set your refrigerator temperature at 36 to 38 and your freezer at 0 to 5 . (Fahrenheit)
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Steven Wrote:oh but there are so many ways to "go green". For example, in the view of saving some energy set your refrigerator temperature at 36 to 38 and your freezer at 0 to 5 . (Fahrenheit)

Great idea, or, you can set your air conditioner temperature at 24 - 26 degree celcius and turn it off an hour before you're about to wake up...

Great article!

For already half a year every bulb in my house was changed to an economic bulb. I am really satisfied with them due to 3 reasons:
1) save energy
2) they don't burn out so fast
3) am saving the environment.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

strike your local government to increase expenditures on sidewalks and bike lanes. With little cost, these improvements can pay huge dividends in improving your health and reducing traffic.

Did you know that an average U.S. office worker goes through 10,000 sheets of copy paper a year. So, conclude: print only when it is really necessary, otherwise read it on your monitor. Also, you can print on both sides of the paper.
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

yes Steve. Every year 100 million trees are cut down and turned into junk mail. Americans receive roughly 400 million tons of it every year. Thus, junk mail should be reduced.

If your printers have the duplex printing function, just set it to default to print on both sides.
Remember, that even when your PCs are turned off, they consume a lot of energy, so if you're friendly to the environment, unplug your PC after turning it off.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Just listen your parents and put on some clothes on you. If you're dressed warmer you can adjust the thermostat to a lower temperature, so it will consume less gas.

Repair your tap. One drip per second 5 gallons of water a day. that's 1,800 gallons a year. Now imagine millions of houses with broken taps - these are millions of tons.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Use the "solar power" by simply opening blinds or drapes to let in natural solar heat on cold days, then close them once the sun sets (in winter). Do the contrary during summertime.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Wipe your feet at your door. Put some mats in front of your door and inside your house. Clean shoes means cleanliness in the entire house. You can save energy from using less the vacuum cleaner. But the most important is that you'll insure yourself against bacterial diseases.

Replace leaky, drafty windows with ultra high efficiency windows to save thousands over the next several years.

Plant flowers, trees, fruits, vegetables that are more suitable with your climate. This will allow you using less pesticides.

try to use modern landline phone systems. If you use a classical one, you can replace it by CDMA, which is much cleaner than the traditional landline system.

you can go green by doing small things. For example, even if you are tired and want to get home as soon as possible, use the stairs and not the elevator. Save energy, save environment.

Go green in your office by simply buying a green plant. A green plant produces vital oxygen for you through photosynthesis

About 90% of plastic water bottles are not recycled and end up in the landfill. The solution is to buy special sport bottles. They are comfy to use and look nice.

[Image: sportsbottles.jpg]

If you can afford it, make a cash gift to an environmental organization, institution. They know exactly how to efficiently invest your money in order that they have a greater effect on the environment.

Invest in a low flow shower head. Thereby save water. If you need to take your car in the city, avoid double trips by doing everything you need at once.

If you decide to buy a new printer, fax machine, scanner make sure the Energy Star logo is present there.
Energy Star, a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy, sets standards for energy-efficient products.
[Image: New%20Energy%20Star%20Logo1062123.jpg]

Every American produces about four and a half pounds of garbage a day. So why not paying attention to the amount of plastic used for boxing. Wal-Mart has already raised this problem and it started to replace petroleum-based plastic containers with corn-based packaging

Look for the EnerGuide label posted on all new cars, vans and light-duty trucks. If you can't find the EnerGuide label on a vehicle, ask the dealer for its fuel consumption rating.

If you need to repair or redesign your house, there is a row of ways for going green. A good step is to install a flooring made from recycled materials. These materials are usually very easy to be applied to floors. Not even they produce residue, and they can be extremely durable and long-lasting.