Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asian governments forced to act as oil prices soar
Torn between protecting the poor and saving their budgets, governments across Asia are being forced to slash fuel subsidies as world oil prices smash through 130 dollars a barrel.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

In turkey, the price for oil is 3 dollars per litter... :banghead

No, I can't believe that! Is that possible? 3 dollars? What is the reason? It seems that Turkey is closer to petroleum countries and logically the fuel must be cheaper
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

hmm, that makes 11.35 a gallon. It's very expensive to travel by car.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

turkey consumes the most expensive oil in the world. This is because the government imposes big taxes on in. Last year the total amount of VAT on oil, paid by a Turkish oil company, made up 26 billion euros.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Is it because Turkey cares about the environment, or it's just that the Government believes it's the most efficient way to fill up the state budget?
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Actually Turkey is among the most ecological, I think. You could cross and travel to a lot of villages and cities in Turkey, and you'll see that 80% of them are equipped with solar batteries. Smile

Hakan G Wrote:Actually Turkey is among the most ecological, I think. You could cross and travel to a lot of villages and cities in Turkey, and you'll see that 80% of them are equipped with solar batteries. Smile

It's also a really sarcastic thing, where the Turkey itself a oil producer and manufacturer country, still need to have the side effect and suffer with the high oil prices misery...

still, Hakan, why is the oil in Turkey so cheap.
One more thing, are you sure 80% of villages in Turkey are equipped with solar system technologies?

Just come and make a visit to Turkey. And I'd recommned you to take a trip on the shores, you'll see.
Take a look here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://flickr.com/photos/65989922@N00/804459809/">http://flickr.com/photos/65989922@N00/804459809/</a><!-- m -->

Attached Files Image(s)

These devices look quite simple and not expensive. I guess they can be made by common people.

I have never seen a hand-made solar panel :-P

Governments should subsidize people to buy such devices. Yes, the expenses will be more than enough, but, instead, the future of environment will be safe.
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

I think governments should giveaway free solar panels, and include the costs in their budgets. This would be a really important move.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to deal with increasing prices ? euigorwithyou 22 22,614 07-06-2010, 05:19 AM
Last Post: sneakers888
  Will prices ever go down? Faw_Peter 8 6,748 08-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Riser
  Prices for oil reached the record of 128$ a barrel Andrewz 15 12,939 09-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Hakan G
  Can fuel prices save the world crisis? Benn 0 9,659 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: