Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You have to see this! A telescope linking London & New Yor
An engineer, Alexander Stanhope St. George built a giant telescope in London, allowing to see New York! It is 11-meter long and 3-meter high. Just imagine such a sight! Extraordinary...

Attached Files Image(s)

If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

WOW!!!! impossible! I don't believe it

I am aware of this telescope, people will start using it on June 15, I don't know the price
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

What about curve of the planet? You haven't the strait line between London and New York. On other hand, just look at TV or Internet and you will see anything you want. What is the purpose of it?
who can forbid God to use evolution as his own instrument of creation ?

the telescope has a special structure (I can't tell you exactly, I'm not an engineer Smile ) that occurs the planet curve.
As for the internet, TV, etc. It is a totally different feeling when you see it with your eyes! I think sasha you understand that, or if you don't you have to try to look through the telescope and then certainly you will feel the difference
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”

I understand that, but I am living in a poor country, and making a expencive telescope just for fun seems ridiculous to me. Maybe it has some purpose. For spying other nations? Did England spent all their artificial rocks? Maybe they should ask Scotland to throw some over :lol:
who can forbid God to use evolution as his own instrument of creation ?

this is not a stupid invention for UK. There are lots of other which are more stupid than this one. People who have money may consider this idea very interesting.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=U2oXHmMdLRY">http://youtube.com/watch?v=U2oXHmMdLRY</a><!-- m -->
people are using it already.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

I wonder what is the price for one look through this telescope? It must be expensive, since big investments have been put for building it.

a guy from london (I read) says the price varies from Monday to Sunday. On sunday the price may reach 10 pounds.
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

10 pounds is not expensive. I mean you only need 1 time to watch it and it'll be enough. Instead, you'll see New York in real time!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft envisages to launch a "Desktop Telescope" Steven 7 6,725 06-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Steven