Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should a man pay for the dinner if he was invited by a girl?
Would you guys pay the dinner if you were invited by a girl? I never had such a situation, but I'm interested what would you do?
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
3ds Max tutorials | Light Wave 3d tutorials | MAYA tutorials | XSI tutorials

Generally I wouldn't pay.
But if the girl is really awesome... who knows Smile

If it's a business dinner, then only the girl must pay.
If you see that close relations can appear between you, you must pay for sure.
She will appreciate that and will take you as a gentleman ;-)
"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex." Smile

Web Design Forums - Server-Side Web and Software Development discussions

Steven Wrote:If it's a business dinner, then only the girl must pay.
If you see that close relations can appear between you, you must pay for sure.
She will appreciate that and will take you as a gentleman ;-)

Yeah, I agree with your thoughts here, Steven.

However, there are also some girls that really sporting and doesn't even care to pay for dinner herself!

hey you GENTLEMEN! Why did you open this topic anyway? If men don't pay for the dinner, then why should we need them anyway?
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
A really nice forum for Parisians

I consider the man in any case should pay!!!

thank you Brad, at least one gentleman here! Confuseduper

Hello, thanks! And I have errors, the main thing during them to recognise!

Everyone pays separately. But sometimes it is useful to make a girl pay for dinner even if it is you who invited her Smile

EU1 Wrote:Everyone pays separately. But sometimes it is useful to make a girl pay for dinner even if it is you who invited her Smile
I doubt this girl will ever want to see you again. Smile
Your chances are poor if you don't show you are a man - the leader.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Benn Wrote:
EU1 Wrote:Everyone pays separately. But sometimes it is useful to make a girl pay for dinner even if it is you who invited her Smile
I doubt this girl will ever want to see you again. Smile
Your chances are poor if you don't show you are a man - the leader.

It depends on the way you make her pay. If you pay for her, you don't differ other men and she will just use you to eat and drink well but more she makes something for you more she wil be interested in you and finally will fall in love Smile

EU1 Wrote:It depends on the way you make her pay. If you pay for her, you don't differ other men and she will just use you to eat and drink well but more she makes something for you more she wil be interested in you and finally will fall in love Smile
thank you, nice point of view!
Though, I would prefer a girl that doesn't eat and drinks much at my expense. Smile
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”

Having dinner is like a test for girls! If it's a romantic dinner: you wouldn't want to start a relationship with a girl who is greedy and gluttonous, and doesn't care about saving your money?

A classy girl will order something tasteful but not too expensive: a salad, an orange juice, etc. She shouldn't take advantage of the situation. Unless you encourage her to have lobster and champagne - she probably won't resist too much ;-)

If she has invited you to dinner, it would be sweet to offer to pay if you want to (and can afford it), and it would be polite to suggest splitting the bill. But she shouldn't expect you to pay :nonnon

thanks Becka. Did you ever pay for a guy?

Faw_Peter Wrote:thanks Becka. Did you ever pay for a guy?
Yes, Of course! :-) Though, normally I will take turns in paying - e.g. I'll pay for dinner, he'll pay for a movie and drinks. Or we'll just split the bill.

Becka, you pay for dinner? We should definitely meet then! Smile
Never had I the same experience.

This problem is more topical for students. You see, there are many situations when a boy would like to invite a girl for a date, but he can't afford that. Should he then be patient and wait until he gains a little money and there invite her, or should he invite her and expect her to pay/share the bill.

get a credit card and have fun!

Clearly, you are going out with the wrong types of girls, Terry! ;-)

When I finally arrange my sabbatical :ugeek: , I shall take you out for a hummous burger... :lol:

Peter, my college and university student union always negotiated good rates with various shops and restaurants, and other restaurants would have two-for-the-price-of-one nights. So you could be cute and offer to pay for dinner, but still only pay for one person :-P

Alternatively, you could be very cute and learn to cook something for her :langue You can get away with something quite simple, so long as you have a good bottle of wine and some chocolate cake to follow :lol:

Good advice Becka. Fortunately I'm not a student for a long time and won't need to learn cooking Smile
Also, you adviced to have a bottle of champagne, but, this might be wrong, since the girl could consider the boy wants to make her drunk and "take further actions" :-)

In Russia we don't have such problems. The man always pay, for everything, exept situations when he don't have money, but it is worse situation.
The best political regime for the nation is a regime which was saved this nation like an entire one. (M. Montein)

You must be very unlucky in Russia, then. Smile
No, seriously, it's impossible to afford always paying for the dinner. Men must work hard for that.

I was thinking the opposite: lucky Russian girls! :langue

I got today acquainted with a girl by offering her to pay the dinner she was having in a cafe, really worked Wink
The point is that when we, men, offer to pay, girls feel they have debts in front of us, and thus men's chances are higher.
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Vegan news | Vegan forums

Benn Wrote:I got today acquainted with a girl by offering her to pay the dinner she was having in a cafe, really worked Wink
The point is that when we, men, offer to pay, girls feel they have debts in front of us, and thus men's chances are higher.

No, we don't think we have debts, besides we can refuse you. But don't be so happy about that, Benn. She could simply use you because she wanted to save money. She didn't show any commitment, did she?