Forums
Automobile sales rise - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://eu-forums.com)
+-- Forum: EU Forums (https://eu-forums.com/forum-19.html)
+--- Forum: Environment Forum (https://eu-forums.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Automobile sales rise (/thread-132.html)

Automobile sales rise - Benn - 05-19-2008

Despite all the problems concerning ecology, sales of cars keeps growing. This is probably a sign that people are not ready yet to use untraditional source of energy.

Re: Automobile sales rise - Faw_Peter - 05-28-2008

untraditional energy sources are difficult to implement, since people are used to traditional energy, and I consider that human is not ready for changes

Re: Automobile sales rise - Benn - 07-06-2008

everyday the demand for fuel grows by 100,000 tons while the supply decreases by 100,000 tons.

Re: Automobile sales rise - clearman - 07-06-2008

"Bio-diesel" is already on the market, the hybrids too, the scientists are still searching ecologic solutions...

Re: Automobile sales rise - Faw_Peter - 07-07-2008

can you imgine how many plantations of plants people will need to produce daily biodiesel? It's very much, I don't think this is the future.

Re: Automobile sales rise - Benn - 07-09-2008

It would be great if scientists invent a car which uses salty water. We have enough of that for several centuries I think.

Re: Automobile sales rise - Nicholas - 08-16-2008

The rise in car sales is explicable. The oil prices are surging and many people are leaving their SUV’s and buy cars with a less powerful engine but which are most cost effective in this situation.

Re: Automobile sales rise - Faw_Peter - 08-16-2008

yes, and they are doing a damn good work! One "hummer" eats 30 litres of fuel per 100 km! Hummer possessors should pay the tax ten times more than common drivers!

Re: Automobile sales rise - Karl.in.eu - 08-30-2008

They are already punished by the excessive consumption and expenses. Smile

Re: Automobile sales rise - Benn - 08-31-2008

oh really? I think the one who holds a hummer car has very little concerns about his finances, 'cause he got them more than enough. The buyer knows what he does when buying a car!

Re: Automobile sales rise - Hakan G - 09-16-2008

A personal oil station is the next level of glamour of the rich and famous.

Re: Automobile sales rise - M.Helen - 09-18-2008

Hakan, this will cost more expensive than filling at ordinary stations. I mean by only have one station - there are a lot of expensive, especially for transporting the oil + a big area for building it on.

Re: Automobile sales rise - Nicholas - 09-18-2008

For really rich people - this is just another toy.

Re: Automobile sales rise - Faw_Peter - 09-22-2008

Benn Wrote:oh really? I think the one who holds a hummer car has very little concerns about his finances, 'cause he got them more than enough. The buyer knows what he does when buying a car!
those who buy hummers don't care at all about environments. It consumes fuel even more than some trucks, about 30 liters per 100 km.

Re: Automobile sales rise - Nicholas - 09-22-2008

Benn was referring to the financial aspect of this issue.

Re: Automobile sales rise - Faw_Peter - 09-22-2008

what is the opposite of hammer? A car that consumes almost no and very little fuel?

Re: Automobile sales rise - Karl.in.eu - 09-26-2008

Well there are many cars that run on alternative fuel

Re: Automobile sales rise - Hakan G - 09-26-2008

Only pop stars can afford them now, and what is worse - they do it for promotion purposes only. I remember reading that Paul McCartney bought himself a hybrid car but his PR manager ordered for it to be shipped by air, which meant that the pollution caused to the atmosphere, was equal to driving a car 40 times around the globe.

Re: Automobile sales rise - Terry - 09-27-2008

Hakan G Wrote:Only pop stars can afford them now, and what is worse - they do it for promotion purposes only. I remember reading that Paul McCartney bought himself a hybrid car but his PR manager ordered for it to be shipped by air, which meant that the pollution caused to the atmosphere, was equal to driving a car 40 times around the globe.
:lol: really interesting. I didn't know that. Stars are often so dreamy that they don't realize what they do. If we count how many times Paul McCartney used the plane for arriving to world countries, I think it would be equal to several thousands cars driving 40 times around the world